Call for Symposium Coordinator
The Toronto Queer Film festival is going into its fourth year in 2019 with the theme of Stonewall50. Such a momentous landmark in LGBTQ+ history demands great attention and focus. Thus we are going to put together a symposium of scholars, artists, and activists to dialogue around the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots. The symposium will run parallel to the film programme. To that end, TQFF is hiring a Symposium Co-coordinator.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, and working in conjunction with the Symposium Coordinator and the Operations Director, the Symposium Co-coordinator is responsible for furthering TQFF’s mission, supporting our inaugural symposium in the following ways:
- Ensure that the coordination of registration, accessibility needs, and childcare needs within the Symposium take place — either by your own direction or through volunteers
- Handle inquiries from speakers, facilitators, and attendees
- Work closely with the TQFF Collective, volunteers, and the Symposium Committee
- Coordinate logistics for day-of tasks as assigned
- Liaise and follow up with panelists, workshop facilitators, and other participants
- Develop panels and other events based on submissions we receive and material we solicit
- Writing and editing materials for the symposium (panel descriptions, speaker bios, etc.)
- Coordinate child care and food, and arrange for known accessibility needs.
This is a limited-term, part-time contractual appointment that pays an honorarium of $6000. While experience in this role is welcome, we are passionate about building capacity in our community.
Submit your CV to