The Toronto Queer Film festival is going into its fifth year, and we are expanding our team to include a Bookkeeper.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and the Operations Director, the Bookkeeper will manage the internal bookkeeping and accounting for the organization.
The Bookkeeper will:
- Manage and update our internal reimbursement and record keeping protocols
- Manage and update our Quickbooks online accounts and budgets
- Produce regular budget reports tracking expenditures and remaining funds for various TQFF projects and for the organization as a whole
- Collect and organize receipts for all expenditures in preparation for our annual independent, external audit
- Liaise with auditors and answer questions about budgets and expenditures, in conjunction with the Artistic Director, during our annual audits
- Update CADAC budgets annually as required by our funders
- Execute day to day tasks as assigned related to the documentation of expenditures and reimbursements
Applicants with experience working in Queer/trans/2 Spirit Indigenous and Black communities are especially encouraged to apply, and we are open to applications from applicants with a wide range of experience. This position is part of a BIPOC block hire that includes our postings for Publicity and Social Media Manager and Lead Programmer.
This is a limited-term, part-time contractual appointment. The contract is for approximately 5-10 hours/week at $28/hour from October 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021. Hours are flexible, and this is a work-from-home contract.There is a possibility that this contract can be extended if funding permits.
COVID-19 info: TQFF is operating remotely and will not be holding any in person activities or events until the pandemic is no longer a public health risk and it is demonstrably safe to meet indoors again. As many on our team are disabled and/or immunocompromised, our standards for reopening and operating again in public will be stringent, and all procedures will be adopted by staff consensus.
TQFF is an equal-opportunity employer. People with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply, and additional support for staff with disabilities is available.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest outlining their relevant experience and why they are interested in this position, as well as a resume or CV outlining their work and educational experience. Please submit all materials by September 16th, 2020, 5 PM EST to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as any requests for accommodation during the hiring process.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.