Publicity and Social Media Manager
The Toronto Queer Film festival is going into its fifth year, and we are expanding our team to include a Publicity and Social Media Manager.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and the Operations Director, the Publicity and Social Media Manager will develop and execute publicity and promotion for all of TQFF’s public programming.
The Publicity and Social Media Manager will:
- Develop a publicity and promotion plan for TQFF’s various programs, including the the annual festival
- Write and circulate press releases promoting upcoming events, including reaching out to publications to write reviews of TQFF films and the annual festival
- Research and place effective advertisements online and off to promote TQFF programming
- Manage and produce content for TQFF’s social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Work with the Communications Director to release and promote TQFF videos and other visual documentation of TQFF programming
- Act as primary media contact and manage media inquiries
- Monitor news and social media to identify emerging issues and discussions that TQFF should be aware of and/or contributing too
- Delivering day-to-day community management on TQFFs social media channels
- Reporting on performance of social posts and channels to inform long term planning strategies
Applicants with experience working in Queer/trans/2 Spirit Indigenous and Black communities are especially encouraged to apply, and we are open to applications from applicants with a wide range of experience. This position is part of a BIPOC block hire that includes our postings for Bookkeeper and Lead Programmer.
This is a limited-term, part-time contractual appointment. The contract is for approximately 8-10 hours/week at $28/hour from October 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021. There is a possibility that this contract can be extended if funding permits.
This position includes occasional night time or extended hours during scheduled events, such as the annual festival and year-round screenings. Otherwise, hours are flexible, and this is a work-from-home contract.
COVID-19 info: TQFF is operating remotely and will not be holding any in person activities or events until the pandemic is no longer a public health risk and it is demonstrably safe to meet indoors again. As many on our team are disabled and/or immunocompromised, our standards for reopening and operating again in public will be stringent, and all procedures will be adopted by staff consensus.
TQFF is an equal-opportunity employer. People with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply, and additional support for staff with disabilities is available.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest outlining their relevant experience and why they are interested in this position. Applicants may also submit an optional resume or CV outlining their work and educational experience, but it is not required. Please submit all materials by September 16th, 2020 5 PM EST to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as any requests for accommodation during the hiring process.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.