Advertising/Social Media Team Application
The Toronto Queer Film Festival (TQFF) is seeking volunteers from queer and trans community in Toronto and the GTA to join the 2017 Advertising-Social Media Committee.
The responsibilities of the Advertising-Social Media Committee will include:
- attending committee meetings
- creating a media and community list to send press releases and event notifications
- setting up media interviews
- working with the Fundraising Committee to advertise a crowd-funding campaign
- work with Fundraising Committee advertising a fundraiser screening in February
- supporting program copy, design and printing
The time commitment required for the Advertising-Social Media Committee will be between 35-40hrs. Busy times will be in February with the launch of the crowd funding campaign, alongside the fundraiser screening. More focused activity will occur in May up to and throughout the festival in June.
TQFF did not receive any government funding this year, and will continue to be run completely DIY with community partnerships. We are in need of folks from the community who we can really count on to make this year’s festival a success!
We are looking for people who:
- can make the time commitment
- have an interest and investment in LGBTQ media arts
- experience with social media, media outreach and advertising
- work well in a team setting, and strong communication skills
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the application below: