Toronto Queer Film Festival 2022
Symposium: April 22 – 24, 2022
“Speculative fiction and films are a way of giving others dreams, especially dreams about the possibilities of our future as LGBTQ people.” – Jewelle Gomez, Keynote Speaker, TQFF 2022
Toronto Queer Film Festival is proud to present this years Symposium, Queer Futurisms. Since 2019, TQFF has hosted a Symposium that invites artists, scholars, writers, and community workers to host workshops, panels, presentations, performances, and other free programming for the public.
How to access Symposium 2022?
- Visit (https://torontoqueerfilmfest.com/tickets/) or click on the link in the bio. You can either buy a ticket or avail yourself of a free ticket! (check the webpage above to avail free tickets!)
- You will receive your login ID and password via email once you complete the step above!
- Visit our website: www.tqff.ca and click on the symposium tab. You will notice a list of events. Click on an event of your linking and on the designated time of the event, you will notice a play button in the banner, use your User ID and password and enjoy the screening.
- If there is a panel discussion/workshop/debate, you will have to register via Zoom, there is a registration button on each of the event pages. Once you register you will receive a link from zoom.
- Login to zoom post-screening for a panel discussion, or for a workshop on the designated time mentioned on the zoom link you received.
There are 3 screenings that will be coupled with discussion/presentations:
These 3 screenings will be followed by talks/ discussions on zoom, you will be required to register for the same. We have webinars, workshops, panel discussions, debates, screenings, and more in Symposium 2022!
Please visit our website for info for all events and register for all events of your liking at: www.tqff.ca/symposium-2022/
Should you have missed any screening. webinar, panel discussion, worry not, we will be having recordings for the same archived for your viewing at a later date.
Happy viewing :)
Who we are
The Toronto Queer Film Festival is a collectively-run, artist-centered, not-for-profit festival that showcases contemporary, innovative, queer and trans film and video art.
We are especially interested in supporting formally experimental films and/or social justice-themed projects that center the experiences of Indigenous people, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender people, sex workers, porn makers, and other communities often marginalized in contemporary LGBT cultural programming and spaces.