Editing Workshop hosted by Toronto Queer Film Festival & Trinity Square Video June 12 – October 13, 2023
Submission Deadline: May 29, 2023, 5 pm EST
TQFF & TSV are offering emerging filmmakers the opportunity to participate in an intensive editing workshop with award-winning editor Cecilio Escobar.
Cecilio will work with selected participants and provide hands-on creative and technical assistance to help participants towards getting their films close to completion by the end of the workshop.
There are limited spots available.
**Preference will be given to emerging QTBIPOC filmmakers/editors working in experimental non-fiction documentaries**
The workshop to be conducted on Adobe Premiere Pro and will cover the following:
• editing techniques
• editing faster and more efficiently
• organization: creating proxies, working in team projects
• basic sound and colour editing
• motion graphic titles
• move you from beginner to intermediate.
• learn about professional workflows.
Each participants will receive:
• Adobe Premiere Licenses for the duration of the workshop
• TSV Producing Memberships
Participants must have the following:
• access to a computer to edit, headphones and hard drive.
• participants must come with their film already shot
• participants must be available to attend the intensive workshop in June in-person in Toronto
Call for submissions closes – May 29, 2023
Participants informed of selection – May 31, 2023
In person Intensive week at Trinity Square Video (Toronto) – June 12 – 16, 2023
Online Check in – July 17 – 19, 2023
Online Check in – August 14 – 19, 2023
Online Crits with TQFF Artistic Director, Kami Chisholm – September 11 – 14, 2023
Please put everything in a single PDF file and email Cecilio Escobar at:
• Name / Pronouns / Address / Email / Website / Phone number
• 300 word Statement of Interest (Tell us why you want to take this workshop)
• 200 word Synopsis of your film
• 2 minutes of footage (link to youtube/vimeo/dropbox/google drive)
If you have questions about the application please contact: